The series will delineate the traits of those born under the Sun, Moon, and Ascendant through the signs. If you are new to astrology, you can check your birth chart whether you have one of these placements by clicking the following sites Astrodienst and Astroseek. In this article, we will interpret the Sun, Moon and Ascendant in Sagittarius.
The Sun transits the sign of Sagittarius from November 23 to December 21, but the exact start and end depends on the year. Please note that because of the precession of the equinoxes your zodiac sign is not the same as the constellation the ancients name them after.
We cannot generalize people born under the signs of Sun in Sagittarius and Pisces because it depends on the sign Jupiter occupies during birth. Unlike Mercury and Venus, Jupiter can be anywhere in the zodiac. Also, Jupiter can either be direct or retrograde and is very important to take note when tackling these placements. Therefore, there are 14 types of Sagittarius depending on where Jupiter is at birth.
- Sun in Sagittarius with Jupiter in Sagittarius Oriental (Rises before the Sun): Sagittarius is Jupiter’s diurnal home and when it is oriental, it is powerful, especially for those with diurnal nativities. For those born during the day, the natives are popular, charismatic, energetic, youthful, fun-loving, optimistic, lucky, but impulsive. With Jupiter as the diurnal benefic and Mars as the sect malefic, natives may suffer from blind optimism and recklessness. Natives are prone to being misinterpreted as they can be tactless, although they may not mean what they say, or rather they mean well, but may have been taken out of the context. Those of nocturnal births are highly intelligent, philosophical and spiritual. Natives are realistic and cautious, but less lucky than their diurnal counterparts.
- Sun in Sagittarius with Jupiter in Sagittarius Occidental (Rises after the Sun): Natives of Sun in Sagittarius with Jupiter in Sagittarius occidental appear deep, mature, attentive, helpful, calm and laid back than their oriental counterpart, especially for those born at night. However, these natives may have the devil may care approach to life. These natives are creative, intuitive and philosophical. Those born during the day are trusting, helpful and lucky, but can be gullible and reckless with Mars as the sect malefic.
- Sun in Sagittarius conjunct Jupiter in Sagittarius (+/- 2° orb): These natives possess both the oriental and occidental Jupiterian characteristics, especially for those with Jupiter cazimi (less than 16′) or exactly conjunct the Sun. However, natives born during the day will have the oriental Jupiter traits prominent while those born at night, the occidental Jupiter characteristics take precedence. Jupiter outside the orb of the cazimi is combust. In this state, it is technically hidden and impeded, so natives may experience problems in matters related to Jupiter such as luck, wealth, education, spirituality and physical vitality. Careers fit for all of those with Sun in Sagittarius and Jupiter in Sagittarius are in counseling, education, law, law enforcement, political sciences, psychology, philosophy, management, marketing and economics.
- Sun in Sagittarius with Jupiter in Capricorn: Jupiter, the Greater Benefic falls in Capricorn and natives experience opportunities and challenges in the domains of communication, education, beliefs, spirituality, ethics, law and finance. People born under this placement are responsible and resourceful, but also shrewd and cunning as they possess natural business acumen. With Saturn ruling Jupiter, natives have to work harder and smarter for what they want. Unlike the stereotypical Sagittarian, natives are serious, cautious, sarcastic and prone to miserliness. For those born during the day, Jupiter, the sect benefic makes the native realistic and economical, however, with Mars as the sect malefic and its exaltation ruler makes natives prone to ruthlessness as they may have less regard for ethics. For nocturnal nativities, natives are secretive, reserved and prone to depression. Careers best suit for these natives are in business, economics, politics, law, law enforcement, education, and in the military.
- Sun in Sagittarius with Jupiter in Aquarius: This placement makes natives rational, highly intelligent, friendly but emotionally detached. Under Saturn’s airy domicile, natives are impartial and less likely to jump into conclusions. These natives are quirky and have varied and unusual interests. They also have the devil may care attitude. For those of diurnal births, natives are cool and agreeable but impartial with Saturn’s powerful influence. Natives are highly intelligent, outspoken and community minded. In nocturnal births, natives are philosophical, intuitive and creative. Scientists, philosophers, psychologists, educators, counselors, politicians, law and law enforcement are career opportunities best for this placement.
- Sun in Sagittarius with Jupiter in Pisces: In Pisces, Jupiter is in its nocturnal home and Venus’ exaltation. The influence of the benefics on the Sun makes it even more lucky in worldly especially legal affairs. Under this placement, natives are easygoing, kind, generous, sensitive, artistic, but can be naïve and blindly optimistic. For those of diurnal nativities, the heat of the day clears the fog, and this makes natives lucky but less gullible. Jupiter as the sect benefic confers spiritual protection to the natives. Those of nocturnal nativities are psychic and mysterious. Natives are artistically gifted and generous, but naïve with Saturn as the sect malefic. With Venus as the sect benefic, people born at night are amorous and known for their romantic conquests. The medical profession, social sciences, the arts, hospitality and management are best career options for this placement.
- Sun in Sagittarius with Jupiter in Aries: There is mutual reception between the Sun and Jupiter. The Sun is in Jupiter’s diurnal home while Jupiter is in the Sun’s exaltation. This combination reinforces the choleric temperament making natives feisty, domineering, tactless, adventurous, hot-headed and impulsive. For those born during the day, the influence of the Sun as the triplicity ruler strengthens further, thus natives have a flamboyant and larger-than-life disposition. Temper and selfishness can be problems. For those born at night, Jupiter’s influence strengthens as the triplicity ruler. Although natives are still feisty and adventurous, they are more cautious, calculating and controlled than their diurnal counterparts. Careers best suit for these natives are in the law, law enforcement, politics, sports, as religious missionaries, and in the military.
- Sun in Sagittarius with Jupiter in Taurus: In Taurus, Jupiter is averse to the Sun and in retrograde at the time of the native’s birth. In Venus’ domicile and the Moon’s exaltation, people with this placement aspire for material and emotional security. However, with the Sun being averse to Jupiter there is a lack of direction and as a result, natives will resort to trial-and-error to learn about one’s life purpose. Natives are easygoing and fun-loving, but they are also hardworking and persistent. The stubbornness and the tendency to proselytise makes natives prone to hypocrisy and impervious to other people’s suggestions and opinions. For those born during the day, Jupiter as the sect benefic and in the domicile and triplicity of Venus endows natives with wealth, or rather strives for the attainment of wealth. While for those of nocturnal births, Venus as the sect benefic and Moon as the triplicity ruler of Jupiter inclines natives to emotional security and romance. However, laziness and inertia can be a problem for those born at night. Venus will influence the career of the natives of this combination, thus they excel as bankers, traders, entrepreneurs, economists, artists, beauticians, fashion designers and real estate agents.
- Sun in Sagittarius with Jupiter in Gemini: When the Sun is in Sagittarius, Jupiter in Gemini continues to be retrograde and in detriment at the time of the native’s birth. People born with this placement are talkative, witty and eloquent. However, people may see natives as filled with “hot air” as they are prone to exaggerate or brag of things of which may or may not be true. With the Sun opposite to its ruler, the natives are likely to act contrarily, thus people may perceive them as sly and dishonest. For those born during the day, Jupiter as the sect benefic enhances the oratory and literary skills of natives. Saturn’s influence as the triplicity ruler endows natives with impartiality and strong analytical faculties. Mercury’s influence on Jupiter strengthens for nocturnal nativities, thus natives with this placement are creative and adaptable, but elusive and cunning. These natives may say one thing but do another. Writers, Speakers, Law and law enforcement, Strategists, Politics and Marketing are the career options best fit for natives with Sun in Sagittarius with Jupiter in Gemini.
- Sun in Sagittarius with Jupiter in Cancer: When the Sun is in Sagittarius, Jupiter, its Lord continues to be retrograde in Cancer. Those born with Sun in Sagittarius with Jupiter in Cancer are distinguishable from other Sagittarian as they are apparently family oriented, generous, and sensitive. Cancer is the sign of Jupiter’s exaltation, but with the Sun averse to it endows natives with a mixed fortune. Natives may be lucky to be born from an affluent family, but may have a powerful desire to seek independence to move out of the family shadow to differentiate. These are the people that can choose love or a less popular career path to wealth or familial inheritance. With Jupiter as the exalted sect benefic, natives born during the day are lucky, generous, but economical. Natives are more rational with decisions and are less likely to be sensitive. Those of nocturnal nativities are highly intuitive, psychic, romantic, but are prone to confusion, indecisiveness and wastefulness. Economics, banking, entrepreneurship, hospitality and management and the medical or counseling professions are the careers best suit for natives of this placement.
- Sun in Sagittarius with Jupiter in Leo: The Sun and Jupiter are in mutual reception by domicile. Jupiter is in the home of the Sun, and the Sun is in Jupiter’s diurnal home. However, in this mutual reception, the Sun overpowers the Jupiter as there is an affinity between Sun and the sign of Sagittarius; Sun by nature is a fiery planet, and with Sagittarius, a fiery sign. Sagittarians with this placement are lovers of the limelight or people see them as the life of the party. If not, these natives are born with the can do attitude. With Sun as the triplicity ruler of fire signs, natives born during the day have remarkable leadership abilities, oratorical skills and unshakeable confidence. However, with Mars as the sect malefic nativities, there is an excess of heat of which results to terrible temper problems. Those born at night are creative, philosophical, spiritual, highly intelligent and are less liable to anger issues. Natives excel in careers which requires strong leadership and oozing confidence.
- Sun in Sagittarius with Jupiter in Virgo: The conflict between seeing the big picture and attention to minute details is the primary struggle of natives born with Sun in Sagittarius with Jupiter in Virgo. Natives are practical, hardworking, highly intelligent and straightforward but with Jupiter in detriment in Virgo, natives are more prone to worry and anxiety than your stereotypical laid back Sagittarian. Those born during the day can be hypercritical, impatient and bossy. Nocturnal nativities can be indecisive, but highly creative and are more understanding than their diurnal counterpart. However, natives may come as hypochondriacs. Careers in the sciences, medicine, accounting and management are the best options for this placement.
- Sun in Sagittarius with Jupiter in Libra: Although Jupiter is in the fall of the Sun, people born with Sun in Sagittarius with Jupiter in Libra remains lucky with Venus, the lesser benefic ruling Jupiter. With Venus ruling Jupiter, natives are sociable, friendly and charming. The Venusian graces also smoothens the Sun in Sagittarius’ innate tactlessness. Jupiter in the human, social and vocal sign Libra, natives are eloquent orators and writers. In the exaltation of Saturn, natives are likely to be impartial. For those born during the day, Saturn takes a firm hold of Jupiter. With Jupiter as the sect benefic and Saturn’s influence, natives are rational, fair, but impersonal. People of this placement born at night are flirtatious, idealistic, creative, poetic and philosophical but fickle with Venus taking over as the sect benefic and Mercury as the triplicity ruler. Natives excel as lawyers, negotiators, politicians and diplomats.
- Sun in Sagittarius with Jupiter in Scorpio: Here, Mars adds a sharp edge to Jupiter. Natives with placement are likely to fight for the things or causes they strongly believe in. However, with the Sun averse to Jupiter, natives may act out of blind faith, and as a result, they are prone to extremism. For those born during the day, the natives are feisty, dominant and aggressive. People born with this placement have a tendency to proselytise and are prone to prejudice. Hypocrisy can also be a problem. With Mars as the sect malefic, natives may suffer from severe temper problems and can be very destructive when uncontrolled. Those of nocturnal births are intuitive, sensitive, calm and controlled. They may have a strong interest in conspiracies, the occult and the paranormal. Careers fit for this placement are in the military, law enforcement, the forensic sciences, the social sciences, risk managers, medicine and surgery, and as paranormal investigators.
Regardless of one’s Sun sign, this Moon sign adds color and depth to the personality of the native. We associate the Moon and its condition with the native’s mind and emotional well-being. The influence of the Moon will be apparent for nocturnal nativities.
With the Moon in Sagittarius, the natives need emotional independence to feel secure. Like those with Moon in Pisces, astrologers peg the Moon in Sagittarius inclined to knowledge, wisdom and spirituality because of its ruler Jupiter. In Sagittarius, natives seek inspiration and fulfillment through adventure. However, the Moon’s aspect to Mercury or lack thereof is important in ruling out on the psychological makeup of the native.
In Sagittarius, the Moon has a face or decan dignity in the middle 10 degrees of the sign. Below is a list of the Moon in Sagittarius—Jupiter combinations.
- Moon in Sagittarius with Jupiter in Sagittarius: Natives are mentally and emotionally enthusiastic with the Moon conjunct its ruler in Sagittarius. People with this placement are broad minded, optimistic and impulsive risk takers. Natives feel happy and emotionally content when they are outside exploring and travelling. They may also find delight in study, learning and teaching. For those born during the day, Mars as the sect malefic augurs the tactlessness and tendency to proselytise. Natives may also suffer from temper issues. Those natives born at night are focused and inclined to reflection and study than their diurnal counterparts.
- Moon in Sagittarius with Jupiter in Capricorn: Where Jupiter falls is also where the Moon suffers its detriment. The Moon averse to Jupiter adds challenges pertaining to emotional resilience and holding onto hope. Natives early in their may have their upbeat personality or optimism dampened. These individuals feel emotionally secure when people recognize them as a source of inspiration or hope. However, should harsh realities turn on them, these natives may have a hard time asking for help and continue putting up a smile or cracking jokes for the fear of being mocked. For some natives, the dilemma comes in having to choose between a lucrative but stressful career, or a low-paying but fulfilling career. Natives may also be in a perpetual search for what makes them fulfilled. Natives of diurnal births are upbeat and driven workers. With Jupiter as the sect benefic, natives can be productive and can better cope up with realities. These individuals are stoic in the face of adversity. While for natives born at night, with Saturn as the dispositor of Jupiter and as the sect malefic, natives may feel lost and are prone to depression and hopelessness.
- Moon in Sagittarius with Jupiter in Aquarius: People with this placement are cool, impersonal, but highly intelligent and eloquent. Societal issues concern the natives, and they are natural philanthropists. Natives may feel emotionally secure when they can reach out to the community and lobby a cause successfully. Those born during the day lean on being rational and impersonal, with Saturn exerting its triplicity influence. The Moon in a harmonious sextile to Jupiter in a vocal air sign and as the sect benefic supports the articulate expression of emotions and persuasiveness. For those born at night, with the Mercury’s influence on Jupiter as the nocturnal triplicity ruler, natives can be intellectual geniuses, but unpredictable.
- Moon in Sagittarius with Jupiter in Pisces: Jupiter in a water sign strengthens the Moon because of its affinity with the Moon being a watery planet. Not only that, Jupiter, the Greater Benefic is in its nocturnal domicile and Venus, the Lesser Benefic’s exaltation making this Moon lucky. Although both the Moon and Jupiter are in the mutable signs, which means changes are part of the native’s life, these changes unless otherwise afflicted brings about positive outcomes. Natives with this placement are naturally compassionate and empathetic. They possess powerful creativity and imagination. However, the square of the Moon and Jupiter augurs restlessness and lack of direction unless Saturn is strong in the chart. These natives have to pay attention to details. With the benefics ruling the Moon, natives are generous even to a fault. For those of diurnal nativities, natives are more realistic, but less gullible and charitable than their nocturnal counterpart. Nocturnal births make natives psychically permeable or sensitive. Venus as the exaltation ruler and sect benefic makes natives born at night gracious and charitable. The influence of Venus also makes natives romantically adventurous. Confusion, lack of boundaries, and directions are common problems for the natives.
- Moon in Sagittarius with Jupiter in Aries: Natives with this combination are outspoken, adventurous, and aggressive. Emotional fulfillment comes when they are out for a competition, adventure and taking risks. The more risky it is for the native, the better they feel. Natives have a can do attitude that leads them to overestimate their capacity or rather, underestimate the situation. For those born during the day, with Jupiter as the sect benefic and Mars as the sect malefic, natives are liable to blind optimism, explosive anger and recklessness. The influence of the Sun as Jupiter’s exaltation ruler, and also as the Moon’s and Jupiter’s daytime triplicity ruler, can make natives entitled, arrogant and pushy. People born at night have Jupiter in its triplicity in Aries and Jupiter as both the Moon’s domicile and triplicity ruler in Sagittarius. Natives with born at night are intuitive, inspirational, highly intelligent, philosophical and are calculating than their diurnal counterparts.
- Moon in Sagittarius with Jupiter in Taurus: Here, there is generosity between the Moon and Jupiter. Jupiter is in the Moon’s exaltation while the Moon is in Jupiter’s diurnal domicile. It is noteworthy that the Moon is averse to Jupiter, so natives with this combination may not fully experience the benefits of the exchange of dignities. For nativities, this manifest as feeling empty or unfulfilled, even with financial or material success. Natives become emotionally fulfilled when they are doing what they are passionate about that provides them the material or financial security they desire. People with this combination are willful, determined, and passionate. With the influence of Venus as the domicile and triplicity ruler of Jupiter, natives of diurnal nativities are likely to be materialistic and possessive. While for those born at night, Jupiter is in the Moon’s exaltation and triplicity, thus natives strive more for emotional fulfillment. These people pursue what they are really passionate about and can find contentment in simple things as long they are enduring.
- Moon in Sagittarius with Jupiter in Gemini: The combination exacerbates the native’s innate moodiness but also makes them elusive, cunning and fickle with Mercury ruling Jupiter. The Moon opposite Jupiter in detriment augurs natives believing and practicing contradicting values and philosophies. If natives grew up with the lack of firm guidance, natives are prone to treachery and delinquency. Those born during the day, Jupiter as the sect benefic enables the natives to distinguish and identify the conflicting values. Saturn as the triplicity ruler of Jupiter endows natives with rationality and restraint. The rarifying heat of the day offers a stabilizing influence to the Moon, thus natives are less liable to extremes in mood and fickleness. For those of nocturnal nativities, the influence of Mercury dominates, and this encourages the duality, thus natives can be fickle and elusive. Saturn as the sect malefic portends that natives may turn a blind eye on one’s own conflicting beliefs.
- Moon in Sagittarius with Jupiter in Cancer: Here, we have once more the Moon and Jupiter as having generosity by domicile and exaltation, but again because of aversion, natives cannot fully experience benefits of this placement. The natives find emotional fulfillment when they find someone who can provide them a happy home. However, with the Moon averse to Jupiter, it will take some time and exploration for them to find it. Although natives are nurturing and protective, people may still see them as distant and unreachable. People with placement may take things personally and can be quick to express the grievances. For those born during the day, Jupiter as the exaltation ruler and as the sect benefic makes natives lucky and generous. While for those born at night, the natives are sensitive, needy and clingy, but they have to be careful of who they trust as they can be gullible and pushed over.
- Moon in Sagittarius with Jupiter in Leo: Natives born with this placement are avid risk takers, passionate, courageous, willful and expressive. However, natives can also become competitive, bossy, dramatic and conceited. Natives become emotionally fulfilled when they take charge in a cause or a goal. For those born during the day, with Jupiter as the sect benefic and the Sun as the triplicity ruler, natives may suffer from blind optimism that results in recklessness and impulsiveness. People may become appalled by the natives lack of discretion and predisposition to drama and exaggeration. We see the productive influence of this placement, such as strong leadership and courage from natives born at night with Jupiter as the triplicity ruler of both the Moon and Jupiter itself.
- Moon in Sagittarius with Jupiter in Virgo: In Virgo, Jupiter is in detriment and the square aspect creates anxiety to the natural free-wheeling sign of Sagittarius. Natives with this placement have a strong desire to accomplish, thus they achieve emotional fulfillment when they can direct the restless energy into productivity. Jupiter in the helm of Mercury’s earthy nocturnal domicile and exaltation subdues the Moon’s optimism and inclination to the spiritual, thus this placement makes natives caustic and skeptical. For those born during the day, natives are hardworking, organized and rational. The heat of the day stabilizes the Moon’s volatility. However, Mars as sect malefic expresses in the form of impatience and hypercriticism. For those born at night, there is a mutual reception between Jupiter and the Moon, as Jupiter is in the Moon’s triplicity and the Moon is in Jupiter’s triplicity. The mutual reception lessens the natives’ skepticism, thus natives are more receptive and open to unusual ideas and concepts. They are more laid back and less critical than their diurnal counterpart.
- Moon in Sagittarius with Jupiter in Libra: The Moon in a harmonious sextile with Jupiter in Venus’ diurnal home and Saturn’s exaltation endows natives with realistic optimism and ideals. These people are impartial unless there’s a strong evidence convincing them to take a stance. When they take a side, they excel in defending an argument, a position, belief or ideal. Natives have an intense desire to establish relationship or find partnership. However, these natives seek relationship or connection which leans on intellectual or platonic. Emotional fulfillment comes with natives establishing a wide network of friends or acquaintances. For those born during the day, Jupiter as the sect benefic and Saturn as the exaltation makes natives outgoing and cordial, but rational and emotionally detached. Natives of nocturnal births have Venus powerful as the sect benefic, Mercury as Jupiter’s triplicity ruler and Jupiter as the Moon’s triplicity ruler. The powerful influence of Venus augurs natives that are amorous. Mercury’s and Jupiter’s influence manifest as natives being highly creative, but prone to flakiness and need of diversity.
- Moon in Sagittarius with Jupiter in Scorpio: Here, we have Jupiter in the Moon’s fall. If there is one word to describe this placement, it is inadequacy. Jupiter in the Moon’s fall and being averse to the Moon exacerbates the Moon’s innate restlessness and angst, and as a result, these natives are immensely curious and thrill seekers. Emotional fulfillment comes when natives figures out a mystery or uncover the truth. For those born during the day, the Sun’s heat stabilizes the innate instability of the Moon, thus natives are less subjected to the whims of emotions. However, Mars as the sect malefic makes natives liable to explosive anger. Natives born at night have a well-developed intuition bordering on psychic, and the interest in the occult is apparent.
Modern Astrology assigns the Ascendant sign as the facade of the native to the world. However, with Traditional Astrology, the Ascendant sign is your actual zodiac sign and the ruler’s placement will dictate how one looks like and behave. With the Jupiter as the ruler of the Ascendant, I will detail the placement of Jupiter throughout out the signs and houses. However, we remember that the placement of Mercury and the Moon will add color and depth to the psychological make-up of the native.
- Sagittarius Ascendant with Jupiter in Sagittarius: Using the whole sign houses, Jupiter is in the First House signifying the physical body and defining the character of the person. Its placement also tells about the native’s Fourth Whole-sign house of home, family and real estate. In Sagittarius, Jupiter is in its domicile, thus natives may have a robust constitution. Jupiter being powerful in Sagittarius naturally endows the natives with luck, optimism, agreeable disposition and charisma. As the ruler of the Fourth House, natives may have an adventurous or dynamic family. The placement of Jupiter in Sagittarius shows that family members are independent and are living separate lives. Family could also be deeply religious. Those born during the day are outgoing, friendly, sociable, adventurous, generous and optimistic. These natives have a larger-than-life personality. With Jupiter as the domicile ruler and as the sect benefic, natives are charismatic and lucky. However, natives can be impatient, reckless, impulsive and unrealistic. Jupiter as the triplicity and domicile ruler makes those born at night are highly intelligent, philosophical, and less liable to silly errors and temper problems.
- Sagittarius Ascendant with Jupiter in Capricorn: Jupiter in the Second Whole-sign House shows that the natives’ likely motivation is the acquisition of wealth. With Saturn at the helm, the natives method of wealth acquisition is slow and steady through hard work and perseverance. They are careful with finances and prefer the tried and true. However, with Jupiter suffering its fall and in Saturn’s domicile, natives may become miserly. Jupiter’s administrative influence on the wealth augurs working in money management. Natives have a knack in making money in the real estate with Jupiter ruling the Fourth House. The families of the natives with this placement may have been conservative and disciplinarian. For those born during the day, Jupiter’ as the sect benefic makes the natives productive and with Saturn assisting confers resourcefulness and discipline with the finances. Those born at night have Saturn as the sect malefic, thus natives may be prone to depression and financial loss.
- Sagittarius Ascendant with Jupiter in Aquarius: People born with this placement are highly intelligent but impersonal and unpredictable. Jupiter in Third Whole-sign House shows natives that are gifted communicators. The placement also shows an unusual relationship with the siblings or relatives. In relation to being in the Fourth Whole-sign House, depending on the condition of Saturn, the family may have encouraged natives to think freely. It can also be that their own families hold them back, and as a result, natives are prone to rebellious or non-conformist behavior. For those born during the day, Jupiter as the sect benefic and Saturn as the domicile and triplicity ruler strengthens the analytical faculties of the natives. While for those born at night, the influence of Mercury confers natives with ingenuity, perceptiveness and persuasiveness.
- Sagittarius Ascendant with Jupiter in Pisces: These natives are nurturing, charming, magnetic, artistic and amorous with Jupiter in its nocturnal watery domicile and Venus’ exaltation. With the ruler of the Ascendant in its home, natives have a robust constitution unless otherwise afflicted. Jupiter in the Fourth Whole-sign House makes native family oriented but less adventurous. Native’s family is close knit and deeply spiritual. These natives can be very generous to their families to a fault. For those born during the day and with Jupiter as the sect benefic, natives are optimistic, generous, but economical. For those born at night, Saturn as the sect malefic augurs ignorance, thus natives can be naïve. The artistic talent and romantic nature are prominent for those born at night with Venus as the sect benefic and exaltation ruler. These natives are prone to excessive weight gain.
- Sagittarius Ascendant with Jupiter in Aries: Jupiter in Mars’ diurnal domicile makes natives bold, outgoing and aggressive, but this also makes the natives hot headed and impatient. With Jupiter also as the ruler of the Fourth Whole-sign House portends that the native’s family are brave, straightforward and ill-tempered. With Jupiter in the Fifth Whole-sign House, natives are fond and are lucky in games of chance. They may also be romantically adventurous. Natives may be fond of children, or natives may have issues with children. Natives are liable to anger and distempers, especially should the individual be born during the day with Mars as the sect malefic. With Jupiter as the sect benefic makes them lucky, but with it comes blind optimism and this why they are likely to be impulsive and reckless. Those born at night less liable to temper problems and are immensely creative and artistic.
- Sagittarius Ascendant with Jupiter in Taurus: In the domicile of Venus and exaltation of the Moon, financial and emotional security are the concerns of natives born with this placement. The placement endows the natives with the patience, persistence and willfulness. With Jupiter in the Sixth Whole-sign House, natives may encounter health issues, and with Jupiter in the nocturnal domicile of Venus and exaltation of the Moon, the health issues are caused by overindulgence and sedentary lifestyle. Jupiter as the ruler of the Fourth Whole-sign House augurs the predispositions to hereditary illnesses. Native’s family is close knit. However, it can also be that the family may have a materialistic streak. For those born during the day, natives are less likely to overindulge and can easily incorporate discipline in the lifestyle. With Jupiter as the sect benefic and Venus as the triplicity ruler of Jupiter, natives are highly productive workers and also confers natives with the protection from illnesses. Those born at night are artistic and hospitable, with Venus as the sect benefic and the Moon as the exaltation plus triplicity ruler of Jupiter. They are also easy going and take life one step at a time, but the inertia and lack of ambition may become a problem. If discipline is lacking, natives may suffer from illnesses brought about by sedentary lifestyle.
- Sagittarius Ascendant with Jupiter in Gemini: Jupiter is under Mercury’s lordship, and natives of this placement are social, talkative, and can have varied interests. They are highly intelligent and are excellent communicators. In Gemini, Jupiter, the planet of truthfulness, faith and spirituality is in detriment, and this makes natives skeptical but open-minded. If there is a lack of direction and guidance early in life, natives are restless and prone to dishonesty. Jupiter in the Seventh Whole-sign House portends natives’ interests in relationships and partnerships. With Jupiter as the Lord of the Fourth Whole-sign House, the family may be talkative or highly sociable. Gossips and scandals may have plagued the family. The natives may also belong to a family of intellectuals or skeptics. For those born during the day, Jupiter as the sect benefic and Saturn taking over as the triplicity ruler enhances the analytical skills and decisiveness. Natives are rational and are persuasive communicators. The heat of the day stabilizes the innate restlessness and moodiness of Jupiter. Mercury takes the helm as the domicile and nocturnal triplicity ruler of Jupiter, and this makes natives ingenious, but moody and restless. We can also know natives for their indecisiveness. They are likely to obsess or engage in relationships or partnerships.
- Sagittarius Ascendant with Jupiter in Cancer: In Cancer, Jupiter is in its exaltation and being in the domicile of the Moon makes natives protective and nurturing. In the Eighth Whole-sign House, these individuals have a strong interest in economics, banking, finance, investment and the occult. With Jupiter as the ruler of the Fourth Whole-sign, the natives may belong to a large and closely knit family. However, the family may also have kept dark secrets. For those born during the day, Jupiter is the sect benefic makes natives lucky, especially in matters of the Eighth House. With Venus as the triplicity ruler, natives have easy access to other people’s money. The powerful interest in the occult is prominent for those born at night.
- Sagittarius Ascendant with Jupiter in Leo: Natives of this placement are charismatic and spiritual with Jupiter in the domicile of the Sun and in the Ninth Whole-sign house. These folks are lawful, educated, magnetic, bold, persuasive, and visionary leaders. These natives love to learn, explore and travel. Natives are lucky in pursuing higher education and foreign travels. Since Jupiter rules the Fourth Whole-sign House, the native’s family may have a strong sense of pride and encouraged leadership and achievement on its members. The family may also have an aristocratic disposition. For those born during the day, with Jupiter as the sect benefic and the Sun as the triplicity ruler, the desire to travel and pursue higher education becomes powerful. The luck in those sectors as well gets amplified. For some natives, the placement endows powerful psychic or remote viewing capabilities. These natives can be authoritative and bossy. While for those born at night, Jupiter gains triplicity rulership and this makes natives intuitive, spiritual and reflective. They have a deep understanding of the human psyche and this what makes them effective leaders.
- Sagittarius Ascendant with Jupiter in Virgo: The natives are highly intelligent, hardworking, down to earth, organized, perfectionists, practical and strategic with Jupiter in the earthy domicile and exaltation of Mercury. In the Tenth Whole-sign House, natives are ambitious as they are career and success oriented. They are also excellent communicators, thus they excel in public relations. However, in Virgo, Jupiter is in detriment, thus the placement requires natives to do the hard work to achieve success. If natives cut corners, the placement augurs suffering from public disgrace. Jupiter in detriment also makes the natives immensely realistic, skeptical, and hypercritical, but can also be blind to their own short-comings. With Jupiter ruling the Fourth Whole-sign House, the natives may come from an intellectual, or perhaps, they have a hypercritical family. For those born during the day, Jupiter as the sect benefic and Venus as the triplicity ruler endows success in career matters. Natives are less likely to fall from grace. Those of nocturnal nativities can be anxious and hypochondriacs with Mercury’s powerful influence as the nocturnal and exaltation ruler and the Moon as the triplicity ruler.
- Sagittarius Ascendant with Jupiter in Libra:. In Libra, Jupiter is in the diurnal domicile of Venus and Saturn’s exaltation and this endows with the gift of tact, diplomacy, charm, rationality and impartiality. With Jupiter in the Eleventh Whole-sign house, natives are likely to have a wide circle of friends and acquaintances. These natives are expert networkers and love to get involved in community service activities. With Jupiter in the house of its joy, it amplifies the luck for Eleventh House affairs. With Jupiter as the ruler of the Fourth Whole-sign House, the native’s family may be diplomatic and peace-loving but also are hardworking and disciplined. For some, like those with Jupiter in Taurus, the family may live an opulent lifestyle. Jupiter is the sect benefic and Saturn takes the helm from Venus as both the exaltation and triplicity ruler for those of diurnal nativities. From this, natives are social, fun-loving, yet impersonal and impartial. These natives are fortunate in meeting or being connected to people of position and power that can help them succeed. They are the master courtiers. Natives born at night have Venus more powerful as the domicile ruler and the sect benefic. The natives are nurturing and personal. They are likely to engage in outreach activities and fight for social causes.
- Sagittarius Ascendant with Jupiter in Scorpio: In Scorpio, Jupiter is in the Twelfth Whole-sign from the Ascendant and this augurs concerns regarding the health, family and finances of the natives. There is more to these people than what you see on the surface. Jupiter in the Twelfth Whole-sign House endows natives with rich inner life. These people are quiet, secretive and intense, but also brave, straightforward and spiritual. Like those with Sagittarius Ascendant with Jupiter in the Eighth House, natives are interested in occult and spirituality. With Jupiter as the ruler of the Fourth Whole-sign House, the natives may have an emotionally intense relationship with family members. There can also be a lot of dark family secrets. Like those with Jupiter in Aries, the family members may be tough, brave and hot-headed. Those born during the day have Jupiter as the sect benefic and Mars as the sect malefic, thus we can characterize these people as the “warrior monks”. Natives are likely to placid and spiritual, but they are impulsive and prone to outbursts should someone cross the line. They are those that courageously bring to light things that are repulsive yet enlightening and brings the trauma to a closure. However, that very trait can bring them trouble. Stress can cause health issues. Those born at night have Mars as the nocturnal domicile and triplicity ruler, and this makes natives adventurous, but calm and shrewd. The interest in occult and spirituality is apparent. However, these natives can also be moody and unpredictable.